What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is a powerful, complementary therapy that uses Muscle Response Testing to locate and address stresses in the body’s physical, emotional and/or energetic system that may be inhibiting you from functioning optimally or from healing. It aims to bring balance back to the mind and body by removing what is blocking the healing process.
Muscle testing gives direct feedback from the body and subconscious about stress locked in the body/mind and where there are compensations for imbalances in the physiological, psychological or energetic/spiritual systems. The aim is to release the underlying causes to health or emotional problems and/or to consider the best ways to approach goals.
This non-invasive east-west technique integrates modern western muscle monitoring and specific techniques from the East, eg: working with the Chinese meridian line. Kinesiology works extensively with the TCM Acupuncture/ Meridian system and Ayurvedic principles (Chakra and Nadi systems)- you could think of it as a coming together of modern anatomy and physiology, psychology and traditional eastern energy practices.
This identifies imbalances and physical disturbances in the body, restoring positive energy flows, creating fresh pathways for change. Kinesiology, as a stress management system, uses non-invasive techniques such as acupressure or “Emotional stress diffusion”.
Kinesiology restores a positive energy flow and trains the body-memory to respond better to similar stresses in the future. It is empowering to recognise long-held behavioural patterns and release stresses that are energetically held on a cellular level. A Kinesiologist works with you to bring about greater self-awareness and self-healing and a more empowered approach to health.
Is it a Scientific Therapy?
Kinesiology involves special techniques to integrate the neurological pathways in the brain and body enabling us to think more clearly and respond more effectively. Doctors now know that our neural pathways are ‘hard wired’ to habitual thinking patterns. This is what kinesiology can change.
The Research & Background
- Kinesiology was developed by chiropracters in the 1960s- learn more at nkinstitute.com.au/consciousness-stress-and-formatting.html
- Whilst it is early days for research in this field “Muscle response testing (MRT) has repeatedly been found to be significantly more accurate than both intuition and chance” – Jensen, Anne M et al. “Estimating the accuracy of muscle response testing: two randomised-order blinded studies.” BMC complementary and alternative medicine vol. 16,1 492. 30 Nov. 2016, doi:10.1186/s12906-016-1416-2
- There is growing evidence fir the use of alternative medicine – Wisneski, Len and Lucy Anderson. “The Scientific Basis of Integrative Medicine.”. Evidience-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine vol. 2,2 (2005): 257-259. doi:10.1093/ecam/neh079
- Mindfulness Research has grown exponentially in recent years. Numerious scientific studies point to its efficacy in treating a wide range of concerns therapeutically and to its beneficial effects on stress-levels, attention, health concerns, relationships, sleep, wellbeing and pain management.
What Can Kinesiology Be Beneficial For?
- Allergies and sensitivities
- Anxiety and depression
- Chronic fatigue
- Digestive or respiratory disorders
- Environmental toxicity
- Emotional problems (frustration, aggression…)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Learning difficulties
- Relationship difficulties
- Self-limiting believes and behavioral patterns
- Pain and injuries
- Poor Performance level
- Psychosomatic disorders
- Weight management
- Skill development/ life goals
- Back ache
- Pregnancy support
- Detox support
Kinesiology helps you to optimize your health and well-being and understand the underlying patterns that govern your life. When your mind and body work the way they are supposed to, the way nature intended, you can live your life in a balanced, healthy, happy and fulfilled way. That is how we all deserve to live and we should not settle for anything less.
How Does Kinesiology Work?
Neuro-Energetic Kinesiology is a integrative mind and body approach to health assisting the self-healing ability of the body.
Kinesiology assess physical or emotional imbalance through ‘muscle testing’. Because illness – ‘dis-ease’- is a stress to the body, It prevents smooth function and flow of the muscle’s bio-electric communications systems. In kinesiology, we are trained to feel these subtle differences. Having identified the core reason for any mis- alignment, the next job in kinesiology is to correct this ‘dis-ease’ in the mind-body system. This can be structural (lower back pain due to mis-alignment), nutrional or, commonly stress related and worry.
Your Kinesiology Appointment – Kate Baldwin
You are welcome to schedule a free 10 minutes phone call to assess if Kinesiology or mindfulness coaching are right for you.
Adult appointments last approximately 1 hour and child sessions about 50 minutes.. The first appointment will start with a consultation and then you will lie (face up and fully clothed on a massage table. Muscle tests involve gently pushing on a muscle – usually an arm muscles but sometimes leg muscles. Various acu-points on the face, limbs and torso will be used. You can expect some home advice or practices. Where it is more appropriate Kate will refer you to other practitioners or suggest other therapies. (Children are welcome to bring books/ toys/iPad to help them feel comfortable and it is fine if they move around.)