Holotropic Breathwork Facilitator
Thomas Amiard is a French counselor, transpersonal psychologist, and a practitioner in EMDR as well as Holotropic Breathwork .
He has experience in Asia and South America where he completed his certification in psychology and facilitation by studying Native traditional healing.
As a transpersonal psychologist Thomas believes that unifying what appears to be opposites, like Eastern and Western practices and philosophies, science and spirituality, tradition and modernity can lead to a more conscious and enjoyable world.
An artist, sound therapy and consciousness researcher, he is also father of three kids and fluent in English, Spanish and French.
A Holistic Approach Considers the Person as a Whole Made of Different Parts working Together
These parts are:
- Our physical body: the vehicle that must be cared for to preserve it’s functionality and avoid diseases.
- Our energy: the vitality we enjoy, its level directly related to our health and well being.
- Our emotions: the weather of our inner life in which we ought to keep a balance in order to cope with our everyday life and complex situations. Emotional imbalance leads to discomfort, instability and inadequate behavior.
- Our mental world: our thoughts and language that make who we are and how we interact with the world. Stable and balanced mental processes avoid difficult psychological conditions and promotes healthy social interactions.
- Our spiritual realm: where you become aware of who you really are, your higher aspirations, and your goals in life
EMDR stands for eye movement desensitization and reprocessing.
The goal of EMDR is to reduce the long-lasting effects of distressing memories by engaging the brain’s natural adaptive information processing mechanisms, thereby relieving present symptoms.
The therapy uses an eight-phase approach that includes having the patient recall distressing images while receiving one of several types of bilateral stimulation, such as side to side eye movements reproducing with external stimulus what’s happening during the integrative dream phase of sleep.
This technique helps people reduce vivid, unwanted, repeated recollections of traumatic events and install the adequate response and feelings instead.
EMDR does not involve detailed descriptions of the event, direct challenging of beliefs, or extended exposure.
More than 30 positive controlled outcome studies have been done on EMDR therapy globally.
Thomas Can Help You With :
- Traumas And PTSD
- Death and Grieving
- Parentality Support
- Personal Development/Empowerment
- Lifestyle Improvement
- Self Confidence And Motivation
- Spiritual Emergence
- Stress, Anxiety, Fears and Phobias
- Substance Abuse
“People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
“No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”
“You have seen my descent, now watch my rising.”